- Washing dishes by hand uses almost 7 times the amount of water as a modern dishwasher (103L vs. 15L for a full load). Also, it takes an average of 15 minutes to load and unload a dishwasher vs. 82 minutes to hand wash and dry a full load. Half the overall energy use too for using a dishwasher.
- Stephen Hawking is the only person who has portrayed himself in Star Trek. Specifically, in a poker game between Hawking, Einstein, Newton, and Data.
- You don’t have to live in a European country in order to enter the Eurovision Song Contest. Your country just has to be a member of the European Broadcasting Union. That is why countries like Israel, Turkey and Australia have been allowed to compete.
- Russia is opening a “Military Disneyland” that will allow guests to shoot military grade weapons and try out various military simulators.
- There are more pyramids in one small section of the northern Sudanese desert than there are in the whole of Egypt.
- Metallica became the first band to perform on all 7 continents after a concert at Carlini station in Antarctica in 2013.
- The name of the village located at the geographical center of Ohio is Centerburg.
- A black hole 12 billion light years away holds at least 140 trillion times the water in all of Earth’s oceans combined, making it the largest known reservoir of water.
- On Christmas Eve in 2008, SpaceX and Tesla were literally hours from bankruptcy until Elon Musk was able to secure $20M from investors in those final hours. Two days later, SpaceX won a contract with NASA worth $1.6B.
- The Abu Dhabi government owns a 10% share of UFC.
10 Most Interesting Facts Of The Week
source: One Minute List