12.4.15

A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Establishing your goals was THE thing of the nineties. Personal goals, business goals, goals for your relationships - you name it. 

I was running a business at that time in Mexico-City, and I didn’t dare to brush my teeth in the morning unless I had done my mantras, repeated to myself in an upbeat tone of voice why life was beautiful and I am a winner, and had visualized my short-, medium- and long term goals for that day.

Exaggeration aside, the concept per se is valid, of course. If you don’t know where you’re going you have already arrived, it’s as simple as that. 

To drift through life might be attractive for some people, but I just hate to let circumstances take over and determine my course of actions, or, in that case, re-actions.

I believe that to some degree it’s irrelevant whether we reach our goals or not – as long as we have them. They are like a light house on the shores of a rough sea, giving us the direction towards our destiny. 

I rather crash having aimed for something than go down at some place where I don’t even know how I got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment