Did you know that your brain needs to make an effort when you laugh at a joke or that 12 percent of us dream in black and white?
Let’s have a look at some amazing facts about the human brain:
1. It’s not true that we only use 10% of their brains. Each part of the brain has a purpose.
2. Have a headache? It’s not your brain that hurts. There aren’t any pain receptors in your brain.
3. Your brain is the organ with the most amount of fat in your body – about 60 percent.
4. Wonder why you don’t act out your dreams? Your brain creates a hormone to stop you from doing this.
5. Most people have 4-7 dreams each night, 50% is forgotten five minutes after you wake up.
6. You are not dreaming if you snore.
7. They call it beauty sleep for a reason. This is when your brain files away all your memories during the day.
8. You can’t tickle yourself and laugh because your brain knows it’s your own touch – as opposed to someone else tickling you.
9. It takes some effort to laugh at a joke – five different areas in your brain are involved.
10. The brain is not the only place with brain cells, your heart and gut also have neurons – the phrase “Gut Feeling” .
11. Your brain makes up to 23 watts of power when you’re awake – enough for light bulb.
12. You have around 70,000 thoughts per day.
13. The slowest speed information passes around your brain is approximately 260 mph – that’s a the speed of the world’s superfast cars.