14.8.12

Good News Is Not Spectacular

I said it before, and I'll say it again: life is tough.

Now, that might be by design, or it might be just the way it is. I for one am at a stage right now where I find the question in itself irrelevant. I'm more interested in how to deal with the whole mistery of life on a practical level.

Thing is I could easily fill up this blog with negativity, tell you about the going-ons in Mexico, all the bad news that's out there.

But what would be the point of that?

There is, however, a point in coming up with good news.

Downside is, you have to look for it - it's work!

I mean it, and not because of my particular circumstances: it requires effort to come up with good news.

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT AIN'T OUT THERE!

Just today I received some very unsettling, bad news - and in the same event something was said that made me feel extremely good.

Now, my mind is easily impressed by bad news, it feeds on it - if I let it.

I rather go the extra mile, look for (and usually find) these little gems in my life, the 'good-news' items. 

Misery is easy, it's happiness you have to work at.



 





1 comment:

  1. You are so right! It is important to try to find something positive going on! It is easy to get hung up on the bad, but there are good things out there if we look for them. :)~
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete